Wooken Electric Bike
Updated: Feb 5
E-bikes are so convenient to ride and use and it makes it easy to go for long rides. Considering the factor that good manual bikes are almost the same cost as this one, it makes sense to go for e-bikes.
Wooken Electric bikes represent a smart transportation solution that’s way more fun than a train or a bus.
Review: Customer reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars Good height of the frame, nice built quality & fully featured e-bike that delivers for the price!
This bike ride is very smooth overall. It handles well in bumps as well because of the front suspensions- Has 3 modes to ride the bike - e-bike, assisted bicycle & normal bike.
- Shimano 21-speed transmission system in form of gears and that should satisfy all the needs for any terrain of biking
- motor and battery are great, no problems. I even left it out in the rain, took it out in -10C/14F weather, it worked. Though the power dropped in the cold as expected but still,
I was able to complete 4 miles.
Has a maximum speed of around 21.6MPH. I am not sure about you but riding a bike over 15MPH is something quite exhilarating, but for safety reasons and hence it delivers as per our needs. It has a 500W high-power motor and immediately catches the speed on pressing the trigger.
48V battery gives around 43 miles range on a full charge and that is a good number for an e-bike in this price category.
- Digital HD led display is very fancy and intuitive but I wish it was colored.
- Front suspension is lockable as well to suit your needs.
- Has disc brake in both from and rear wheels. It worked great overall for sudden and usual brakes while riding it.
- Buttons for horn/headlight are very accessible being under the display facing your side. It is very easy to control even while riding.
- Central b/w display visibility is nice even in sunlight. The screen is very bright and has no issues in reading values even in bright light.
- Headlight LEDs are bright enough for night rides as well. We usually tend to ride in the evening or when it is about to get dark and hence we liked it.
- Overall this e-bike looks fancy and targets youth customers. It would be a great choice for anyone in the '30s.
- Tires have good grip overall and we did not feel it skidding.
- Great build quality and structure feels very strong from any angle.
- It is easy to charge with the access point in a nice area. It charged from zero to full in around 5 hours and I found it to be true to what the manufacturer claims.
- Battery compartment is removable and is IP54 waterproof.
- Comes very well packed and there was no damage at all.
- Bike comes in big packaging with most of the assembly already in place. Just had to fit some parts and screw them up. It was overall an easy assembly but sometimes you may need 2nd hand to get it done easily, especially for hooking the front wheel
- Detailed manual provided and should cover any question you may have during use, however, there is a con as mentioned in the 2nd section
- Manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the bike
- Has multiple (4 to be precise) color options to choose from
- Very reasonably priced in this category of product and it is a bank for the buck
- I wish it had rear suspension as well for a smoother ride in plain terrain.
- Should have a bike lock inbuilt, preferably an electronic one just like how you have in motorbikes for that convenience to take it anywhere.
- I really wish it had rear fenders for dirt protection and a rack to keep something. This bike is made for mountain biking and so mud or water coming on the rear body of the rider is not a very appealing thing.
- Taillight is just a reflector and not a brake-operated electric light. When the battery exists with 2 disc brakes in the bike, then the tail light should have been included in this bike.
- There are no assembly instructions included in the manual that comes along with the bike.
The Final Score:
Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2023
I'm 200 mi in so far and I'm loving my purchase. Was very easy to assemble and it does everything I need it to I wish I'd had this thing years ago. The only issue is the seat is a little hard so when you go over bumps it can be uncomfortable but it can be easily replaced. For the money this is the best bike I've ever purchased
Reviewed in the United States on January 18, 2023
It works better than we expected, awesome!!
Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2022
Part of the problem was due to shipping. Damage to frame and Battery Mounting bracket upon receipt. Slight damage to frame which is cosmetic and unlikely to affect operation. Obvious damage to box could be responsible.